Thursday, April 19, 2012

To Lie or Not to Lie



Is it alright to lie sometimes? Some people say no, it never is ok to lie. But is it when you are trying to protect someone who you love from getting his/her feelings hurt?

Yesterday, I lied to my mother because if I told her the truth, she would had came and “babysit” me and my stepfather had an important doctor appointment; she would had  made him to go where I was at after his appointment. In my opinion, I was perfectly fine at a public library until my husband got off. I was there for only three hours alone; I enjoyed it. At least I got out of the house and I did a lot of writing.
See, we had a great opportunity to see a free showing of Nicholas Sparks’ new movie, “The Lucky One”. Since I love his writing, I jumped to the chance. But, it was first come, first seated; no guarantee that we would get in to see the movie. So, we had to get there early. My husband said that he would go into work an hour early so he could get off an hour early. I said ok but why he doesn’t get me at lunch and drop me off at the library which is by his work so we could had went to the movies straight from there since it would had been closer. He said ok. So we did and got to see the movie free!

I just don’t like that my mother puts me first just because she thinks I shouldn’t be alone. Am I wrong? I know I will miss her if anything happens to her, but I wish we could find a balance. My question for you all with Cerebral Palsy or another handicap is how did you get your mother or parent to lose her apron strings or let go a bit?

If you have any suggestions for me, please comment on this post or email me at cp.princess70@gmail.com. Or anyone can email me about any of my posts. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Please help me by simply click on any ads on my blog, http://dealingwlifewcp.blogspot.com. No obligation. And remember to give me and ideas. Many thanks!

3 comments:

  1. She loves you and wants the best for you, my only suggestion is to talk to her genuinely about it, how does it make you feel when she keeps such a close eye on you, and allow her to have her concerns heard as well. Anything can be worked out in communication :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a married lady with CP - as am I, by the way - and your mother needs to treat you with the same amount of respect as you would deserve if you were "normal".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spashionistareport, Can I email you? I was looking for another marry lady with CP.

    ReplyDelete