Sunday, February 5, 2012

Past, Present, Future



 This is my second inspirational Sunday article. Enjoy!

“Past, Present, Future”
Read Isaiah 43:14-19
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
-Isaiah 43:18 (NIV)
 I have a problem not dwelling on bad things that happened in my past. That causes trouble in my life, the present. Since I can’t forget the past, I get in too many silly arguments with various people in my life. I forgive them but it’s very hard for me to forget what they did to me.  I’m working on that very hard.
I should stop thinking about the past, even the recent past like yesterday. Just this very morning, I told my husband that I was going to start to argue less with him because life is too short for fighting over every small thing; I would go crazy if I ever lost him.
On a television show, they said that small arguments don’t matter in marriages; it is big stuff that matters, like who do we want to wake up by every morning & to grow old with and who has our backs when we get in trouble or if we get very sick. I believe it is so true. My answer is my husband and no silly arguments are going to change that for me.

Prayer: God, Help us to focus on the present and future.
Thought of the Month:  Life is too short for focusing on the past.
Prayer Focus: Those who can not forget their past troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment