Friday, February 24, 2012

The Movie, "The Help"


Yesterday, my aide and I watched the movie, The Help”. That was so a great movie, both heartwarming and funny. I loved the relationship between Skeeter and the maids, caring. I laughed so hard at the pie part, Minny really paid Hilly back, didn’t she? LOL. Those maids, especially Aibileen, reminded me of my favorite in-home aide I ever had. She was the sweetest; she used to spoil me but did all what I needed. Some may say that she spoiled me, but I say she did whatever I needed. She used to rub my feet and back for about one hour and now my feet and legs are so dry. She left me because my friend said a remark that she took as racist, I didn’t think anything about it. I miss her everyday very much! In my honestly opinion, black aides are the sweetest. They seem like old-fashioned grandmas.  If anyone wants to talk about your aides, comment on this post or email me at cp.princess70@gmail.com. Or anyone can email me about any of my posts. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. I know having an aide is not easy and we all need someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment