Sunday, February 19, 2012

“The First Step”


“The First Step”

Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others


 -Colossians 3:13 (NLT)



My friend and I had harsh words and parted angry and unhappy. As I look back, our argument seemed trivial. But she had not taken a step toward making amends. Why, I thought, should I be the one to take the first step?
Later, I read Colossians and I remembered that all through the bible, it says to forgive each other as God forgave us. God wants us to get along and love each other like He does.
A true friendship is very precious. I couldn’t let our friendship fall apart just over a silly argument.  I went to the computer and emailed her.
When we make God's love a part of our lives, we are able to take the first steps to make amends, to "forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven."

Prayer Please, God, help us overcome our agreements with each other.  In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.
Thought of the Month: The journey to forgiveness begins with a single step.
Prayer Focus:   Friends who are at odds


No comments:

Post a Comment