Thursday, January 26, 2012

My mother

Where do I start about my mother? Have you heard the song, “Complicated” by Carolyn Dawn Johnson? That is exactly how I feel about mom. I love her to death but I feel that she is overprotected and smothering me. Yes, she’s the best mother for me; she took great care of me all my life! My feelings are hard to explain. She wants to talk to me online if I’m home alone but if someone is with me, we don’t have to talk, it gets under my skin, I mean it seems like she wants to talk to “babysit” me. Plus, when we talk on web cam, she hugs herself to look like she’s hugging me; that gives me the creeps! I don’t know why. And lately, I just want to be alone and when she mentions coming to visit me; I get a “yuck” feeling. Am I a bad daughter and person or a woman who wants to live her own life? By the way, she wants to come a time a week after my in-home aide leaves or she would get me for the day; I prefer the second. I don’t like company at my house; I think because I can’t do stuff like a “hostess” should for her company. I also feel like I need to get her permission or approval of whatever I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment