Sunday, January 29, 2012

Having faith in the LORD


Hey, I thought I would post one of my devotionals or something inspirational for my post every Sunday. I hope you  enjoy them. Here's the first one.

Having faith in the LORD

Read 2 Thessalonians 2:13-3:5
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.
 -2 Thessalonians 2:16, 17 (NIV)

In the book, 2 Thessalonians; Paul encouraged believers struggling in life to the point of becoming exhausted. Every person alive has experienced this and usually rest and relaxation is an important part of recovering and refocusing. That made me start thinking how I handle hard times in my life and how I handle with some people when I’m not in the mood for them. I realized that just recently, I was getting frustrated with someone who is close to me and I went in a private spot and prayed this: “God, please give me strength not get frustrated with that person. In Jesus’ name, I pray Amen.” The next thing that I knew, we were having a great day together.
Asking God for help and giving Him the control of our lives does work. Having faith in the Lord is a great thing!  Every time when I get frustrated and say that prayer, my mood does get better.

 Prayer God, please give us strength to deal with difficult times. In Jesus’ name, we  pray Amen
Thought of the Month: Having faith in the Lord is a great thing! 
Prayer Focus:   Those who are struggling in life

No comments:

Post a Comment